Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spring Block Tutorial

It's a snow day!  The midwest blizzard of 2011 is winding down and the boss called and said "Don't even think about coming in!"  So, here I sit.

Work's loss is your gain!  In the spirit of hating winter and hoping Punxsutawney Phil is correct... I have made some Easter blocks, and thought I'd show you how to as well!

Cut 2x4 blocks in random sizes.  I cut my from 3-7 inches tall.



Next, I found some Easterish scrapbooking paper and measured and cut to the size of the block.



Then I used my most favorite thing ever, Mod Podge, and cover the back of the paper completely. I then use a roller to make sure the paper covers completely and push out any bubbles. (BTW, don't ever get your nails done... cause they look like CRAP afterwards!!)



Then I like to distress the edges with Tim Holtz's distressed ink.  Here I used vintage photo.  I do the edges of the paper and the blocks to blend it all together.



Get your trusty Cricut out or cut out your own letters.  I used the Calligraphy cartridge with Celebrate.



And tada!  We (you) have spring blocks!  I also made some Valentine blocks.  A quick and easy decoration bring you out of this dull yucky winter slump!





I'm linked up here and here this week.

Thanks for stoppin' by!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those!!!!! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete