Thursday, February 17, 2011

What did I do?!?

Whew! What a week!


I have a Cricut. I dabble in the vinyl business for people when they need something cut with the Cricut. I harvested out bigger jobs to my sister who has an acutal professional vinyl cutter. I work in the warehousing industry and we have made the leap into purchasing our own trailers for our products as of last week.


My boss asked (on Monday) if I could make decals for our 18 trailers. "Yep, no problem." 2 foot by 6 foot. *nervous twitch* "Yep, no problem." (my inner 'smarter' brain said, "How the h e double hockey sticks are you going to do that?") So I head home trying to figure out how I'm going to do this with a Cricut Expression.


Fast forward to the next day at work... "Hey, Mike from Gray wants you to make some vinyl decals for all his new trailers." Me: "No problem." I call Mike... he wants 'a buttload' of decals ASAP.


O.k. A panic attack later in the work bathroom... I realize I can't do this without a professinal machine. Look online... $2,000 for a 'professional machine'... Seriously. Wow.


*Big Gulp* Go talk to the boss to borrow some cash. Him: "Hey, let's do this, you charge me for the decals you'd make for our trucks then you purchase the machine outright with no overhead." Wow. Really?!


So... that's what I did.




Jumped into a business I know very little about, ordered the machine that after 5 hours of research seems to be 'one of the best', and should have it *fingers crossed* Saturday.


Now, how do I run it? Dunno. Guess I'll find out!


Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment